Monday, June 15, 2015

Better late than never....right?

 So since my last real post a lot has happened! 

First off, Tyler had his 1st Birthday! He was so cute! I made him a little smash cake that he could eat and he loved it! I don't think there was a drop on the floor when he was done! 













If that isn't the face of happiness I don't know what is!


4th of July!!

For the 4th of July we went camping with the Smith family. 
Jake's brother Brandon has a son named Tyler too so we needed a picture! They are such hams for the camera!













Rexburg Flood
On July 15th there was a huge flood in town! It rained and rained for about an hour and flooded most of the city! Here are some of my pictures and some that other people took. 
Tyler and I went out and played in the rain. We were soaked!




Once the rain stopped we decided to go for a bike ride to see what all had happened to the town.
Here is the Taco Bell parking lot. 



This is over by our house a single housing complex. They have these little places with BBQs and a basketball court. They were completely filled it looked like someone had put in a swimming pool! 



We decided that it was time for Tyler to get his first hair cut. I decided to do it because his hair was long enough to put pig tails on the top of his head like he was a little girl!
Jake cut it for him and Tyler did great! We gave him an otter pop and sat him on the counter and he just sat there!  


He looks much better now!

Also in July, Jake and I graduated both with our Bachelor's degrees. 
Mine is in University Studies which is like a general studies degree.
Jake's is in Construction Management.
 




The Oregon Coast!
For graduation my parents got us all a timeshare for a week in Manzanita Oregon. It was beautiful! I love going to the ocean and spending time on the beach.











































We locked megan out of the house one night and she almost peed her pants laughing so much. 



While walking along the beach one morning we found these weird looking things. We realized that they are jelly fish that had been washed up on the beach! 


Jake and my dad went out on a fishing boat one day and caught a bunch of cod to bring home! They also put out some crab pots and when they got back divided up the crabs between everyone on the boat and then got to bring it home! We got 6! I hadn't ever had crab before and had a little bit of a hard time with the texture but it tasted pretty good! 

We went to the air museum in Tillamook and saw some cool airplanes. This is the happiest plane I've ever seen. 







Next we stopped at Flamingo Jim's in Rockaway and got new sweatshirts! We went 4 years ago when I graduated high school and got the same one that we found for Tyler. 
























At the end of July I decided to start my own photography business. I had a Canon camera that I used for a couple of months and then in October decided I wanted to get a Nikon. I got this sweet thing with graduation money and I LOVE it!!! I wasn't sure I would like the red but I like it better than the black! 

This is a picture I took of Tyler a couple of days after I got my Nikon and I knew that I had made a great choice in cameras! 








Jake and I were able to get a sitter for Tyler and we went out riding! It was so fun! My bike is like half the size of his and 1/4 of the engine power but I love it! 





We went to visit Jake's family in Utah one weekend and we went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. It's so cool so if anyone is bored and in the Lehi area GO!!!! You won't regret it!








I decided to take the side off of Tyler's crib and turn it into a big boy bed! He loved it and only fell out a couple of times right at the beginning!



For Halloween I made Tyler's costume. He was a scuba diver and the cutest scuba diver there is!








My sisters Megan and Jenna and Megan's boyfriend Caleb came to visit us one weekend and we went to lunch. Tyler was apparently so hungry he decided eating the table would be a good idea.


Then we had a competition on the Wii



Tyler looked so cute at church I had to snap a picture!


And the only way to get Tyler to sleep at church is for Jake to hold him. He's asleep almost instantly, the only problem is, he puts Jake to sleep too!


Jake got out his Remote Control car and Tyler helped him drive it. He thought it was great!


For Tyler's birthday my parents got him a basketball hoop. We took it outside one day and Tyler had a blast playing with it! Although in these pictures he was more interested in the dirt than the basketball hoop. 




I think this is one of the only pictures I snapped of our Christmas decorations. My mom made the stockings, Jake's parents gave us the olive tree nativity and I painted the precious moments nativity.


As an early Christmas present for Jake we got a snake. His name is Carlos. He's a Hog Island Boa Constrictor. Jake had two Red Tail Boas during high school and loved them so when this one came available we decided to jump on it. If you had told me when I was in high school that I would ever let a snake into my house let alone hold one, and enjoy it, I would have laughed in your face. Oh how my husband has changed me haha



Jake gave Tyler a horsey ride one afternoon after school. Tyler wasn't too sure about it. 


Tyler loves playing the piano. He lifts up the cover I have on it all the time and tries to play it. Luckily it's electric and has an on and off switch that he doesn't know about!



And that's what's been happening in our lives! Well, up until Christmas that is. I do have more I want to post, I just am not very good and doing so haha. So bear with me while i get the rest of the pictures and posts up in the next few weeks! 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment