Friday, August 3, 2012

What We've Been up to Lately

Hey there! Well, again you can see that I have slacked posting on this blog of mine and haven't been telling about all the "adventures" we have been having (don't worry, you're really not missing out on much). So here is an update of all the things we have been doing since the last time you heard from me. :) 

So the first thing that we did since I last posted was the 4th of July.
We went to the park to watch some fireworks that the city puts on and here are a few pictures of them.

 Silly Jenna

 The only good picture I could get Jake to take








The fireworks that I was able to get decent pictures of. It was a great show! 

Next, we went down to visit Jake's family down in Utah. We hadn't been able to get down to see them since we left after our wedding so it was great to see everyone and be able to take a weekend to get away. 
Jake and his dad went riding with a boy from his parent's ward while we were there. On their ride Collin caught a lizard and was going to feed it to his dog or whatever so Jake saved it. I named him Lenny 


He was fun to play with but we let him go when we left Utah at the mouth of the canyon.  
We also were able to have a get together with all of the siblings at Jake's parents house. It was so nice to see everyone again. I got to spend half the day with my Sister-in-Law Michelle. It was nice to get to know her better and vice versa :)

A couple of weeks ago Jake and I took my sister Jenna and her friend Justin to the Snake River Stampede Rodeo. It was so much fun. I hadn't been to the rodeo in years and it was fun to be there again. Even hearing the redundant Snake River Stampede song over and over again. Here are a few pictures of this grand event :)








It was so fun to go with Jenna and her friend and be with Jake. Taking time to go do things together is so nice, especially when we live with my family and don't have a lot of just completely us time :)


Last weekend my family went camping up by McCall. It was way fun! Here are a few pictures of our trip. I didn't take very many pictures but at least there are a few right :P
















 I love how Megan is being a complete creeper in the background and how Jake's eyes are still mostly closed. He's not big on pictures and so he makes faces. This is the only decent one.  


 Jenna and I have been busy the last two days. I am working on making a shirt that is nice enough to wear in my Early Field class for this semester. I am going to be going into a classroom and helping the teacher and teaching a few lessons and therefore need to look professional. Only problem is that my nice shirts don't fit that well and I've had them forever and am sick of them. So mom is helping me make a few new nice ones. I am almost done with the first one (the fabric is under the flowers below). 
While I have been working on the shirt, mom has been quilting a quilt that I made and Jenna wanted something crafty to do so I pulled up my trusty Pinterest page and looked on my DIY/Crafts board and found a hair bow pattern. We adapted it a little bit because we didn't have all the things we needed for that particular project but I think they turned out quite well! She did another one too but that was after I had already taken pictures of these two. She's so crafty :P


Today Jenna and I decided that we wanted to make some Cinnamon Rolls. It was quite the ordeal but it was lots of fun to make them with her. Here's how they looked and they tasted even better :)

Now I'm sure you are wondering where Megan has been during all of this, she has been on a campout with the ward and has been gone the last couple of days. She's due back today so I'm sure she will have stories to tell!

And that's what we've been up to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment