Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Surprise!!!

So Monday afternoon we went to the doctor's office for the official ultrasound where they measure a bunch of stuff and make sure that everything looks good. We got there and told the tech that we had gotten one done about a month ago and that they had told us it was a girl. She checked to make sure that they were right aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..............They were wrong! We have a very healthy baby boy growing! He definitely wasn't shy about showing us the goods, it was almost like he was saying stop calling me a girl! 
We weren't all that surprised actually when she told us that our little girl is really a little boy because that is what we had thought it was all along. I had resigned myself to the fact that we were having a girl and I was excited about it and had picked out some outfits and fabric already but Jake always thought that the first tech was wrong and that we were having a boy. He said that he just didn't see us with a girl yet, like it didn't fit. And he was right! 

Here are the pictures we got from it :)

See, definitely boy ;)


Here's some profile shots of our little cutie :) I can't wait to hold him!!!





In this one he is yawning. It was pretty cool to watch him do that on the screen. 




We are super excited about this little guy and can't wait for him to get here! We set up the crib today in the spare room and cleaned that out. The crib is filled with the other baby stuff that we have so that there is room  for other things, like the air mattress we are hoping will fit when my family comes to visit us this weekend! 

Want to know something really kind of freaky? We hare having a baby in less than 15 weeks! 15 weeks!!!! That is so crazy! And a little overwhelming to be honest. But I am getting really really excited and can't wait for him to get here so I will be able to hold him and see what he looks like. There is a myth about the Smith gene and that is that the Smith babies have big heads. Ouch. Not excited for that part haha.

I am 24 weeks and 4 days as of today and baby measures in at 24 weeks exactly. The tech said that he is estimated to be about 1 lb 8 oz so right on schedule. I have been so tired the last couple of days because we have been moving our stuff back into our apartment and getting it just put back together before school starts next week. I am taking two classes on campus and 3 online this semester so that if this little wiggler comes early I won't miss ALL my classes. This semester Jake and I are taking a class together :) I think it is going to be fun since I've never taken a class with him before. Anyways, that's a little bit about what's been going on here in good old Rexburg :)


No comments:

Post a Comment