Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Three More Days

Yep, only three more days until we are going back to Rexburg. We are a little sad to be leaving here, it's been warm and we have made some awesome friends that we are going to miss but for the most part, we are SOOOO ready to go back. I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing women in next to no clothing on every billboard and in every store. The traffic here is insane too. It's either stomping on the gas or stomping on the brake, there's not really any in between. 
Something that I'm not looking forward to however, is the weather change! 

Take a look. We are going to be going from nice 80-90 degree weather, sun shining, birds singing etc.....


To this. 40-50 degree weather and RAIN/SNOW MIX on Monday with no birds or sunshine! Our first full day back. Yuck. 

I can't wait to get back to all of our stuff and be in a place where we feel comfortable again, but I mean come on! Last week Rexburg was coming up on 60 degrees! Can't we have that back instead? Pretty please? haha 

Ok I will stop ranting about the weather. On to other news, how about baby news!
As of today I am 23 weeks and 5 days.

 Sounds great huh! Until I realize that there are only 16 weeks and 2 days until this little girl is supposed to show her shining face! AHHHHH!!!!! That hit me a few days ago and I started to freak out just a little. 16 weeks?? What?? Jake and I as PARENTS? What in the world were we thinking. Then I calm down and realize that I'm just like every other pregnant woman out there freaking out that there is actually going to be another person that I am responsible for coming soon. Nope, doesn't really help. But I am so excited to be a mom. I can't wait! And the grandmas have already gotten the bug too. 

My mom has been making an I-Spy quilt for the baby as well as gotten some super cute clothes for her! And the same goes for my Mother-in-Law who has made some burp cloths, a blanket and gotten some outfits for her too. We went to St George a few weeks ago and met up with Jake's parents and Dawn and I went and picked out fabric for another quilt and I am so excited for it! 

We haven't gotten too much for her yet since we are in Vegas and only have what space we have in the truck to move back but we did buy a crib! For only $50! AND it comes with a mattress. 

We were at a friends house one afternoon and their neighbor saw that I was pregnant and asked if we had a crib yet and that he had one that they used for a couple weeks and then decided they didn't want it anymore and got a different one. We asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $50 and you can have everything! So we got the crib (which converts into a toddler bed!), mattress, 3 sets of fitted sheets, and two mattress pad things. Can you say STEAL???? I wanted it but knew that there was no way we would be able to get it home so I started to say no but then Jake said we will take it! I was like wait a minute, did that just come out of your mouth? haha He said it wouldn't be a problem to get it back with us since we have the truck, we can just lay it across the top and strap it down. So I gave him a big kiss and we bought it :) 

I can't wait to get back to Rexburg and clean out the spare room we have and get going on baby room! Expect to see a lot of stuff up for sale. We will have a fondue pot, roaster oven/pan, a blender and lots of other neat stuff so stay tuned! 

Something else that I am really excited for is my family is coming to visit us when we get back to Rexburg! Yay!! They will be hanging with us the weekend after we get back and I can't wait! Slumber party at the Smith's! :) 
Aren't we a cute bunch? :) I can't wait to see them! 

Ok well that's enough for today. Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment