Sunday, April 28, 2013

For Sale!

We are selling our 1990 Ford Thunderbird if anyone is interested! It has been a great car for us, but with the expanding belly and then having a carseat to put in the back, the coupe just isn't going to do it anymore. 
We just put a brand new battery in it last weekend and cleaned it up really good. 
Here are some pictures!





As you can see, there are some asthetical things such as the plastic dash in the front splitting and it has some rust and paint chips and things like that. Most of the mechanical things inside the car work very well, some are left a little wanting but mechanically this car is solid! 

It has gotten us from Rexburg to Boise multiple times and from Rexburg to Salt Lake and from Boise to Salt Lake. We even took it clear from Rexburg to Portland and back and it was driven to Rexburg from Seattle. It drives so smooth and is really a fun car to drive. One of the things that doesn't work on it however, is the odometer. It stopped at 233K miles and that was before we got it. We are estimating that it has close to 300K on it now. But we have never had any problems with the engine or anything. The only thing we have had to do to it was replace the battery and that was just because it was from 2007 and died. 

We are selling it for $1000 so if you are interested let me know! :)


In other news:
Remember the awesome car that we bought last week? Well it had a few things that needed to be fixed on it so we have slowly been fixing them. The first thing we fixed was the driver's side mirror. It was broken and so we took it into A-1 Windshield and they replaced it for $25! They are so awesome!
The headlights were foggy so we got a headlight restoration kit and shined them up as well. Here are some before and after pictures of it! Don't they look great??
 
 Isn't he just the cutest? 



This was just with the left side done but doesn't it look great? :) My hubby is pretty talented huh?
I guess I don't have a picture of it with both headlights done but it looks way good. 

The next thing to be done is the license plate holder on the front is broken and needs to be replaced. I looked on amazon.com and found one for around $8 so I will be ordering that within the next few days. 
Tomorrow we are taking it into a mechanic because we are pretty sure that the timing belt is the original one and since it has 102K miles on it, we need to get it changed. Otherwise it could completely destroy the engine if that breaks. No thanks, I don't want to buy a new engine. After that, I think that will be all that needs to be done to it! And it hopefully won't cost us too much. Starving college kids and all. All in all though I have been so happy with it! I love to drive it and do you want to know what the best part is? It only costs $35 to fill the tank :) Now that I can handle!! All we have to do now is think of a name for it. If you have any suggestions let me know! I'm drawing a blank! :) 

Well, I think that's enough for now, I'll probably post again within the next few days with a baby post. It's been a while since I've taken a belly picture and it is about time I fix that situation :) 
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment